Xi'an Jiaotong University, as one of the first universities entering China's "211 Project" and “985 Project”, is selected to be developed into a global first-class university. Xi'an Jiaotong University is a comprehensive research university with scientific focus. It is composed of 10 branches of learning, namely: science, engineering, medicine, economics, management, literature, law, philosophy, education and art. In recent years, Xi’an Jiaotong University focuses on national strategy, vigorously promoting the establishment of the Western China Science & Technology Innovation Harbour, which is designed to be an innovative unit with a union of “campus, industrial zone and community”, a combination of technologies and services, and a link center of science, technology and industry. The Innovation Harbour, relying on four major disciplines of science, engineering, medicine and social sciences, establishes 23 research institutes covering power electronics, high-end equipment manufacturing, energy and power, IT, advance materials, aerospace aviation, biomedicine, environmental protection, etc, aiming at building a “great scientific research platform” for interdisciplinary researches and services at national level. With the purpose of constructing advanced “Large-scale Scientific Facilities”, like “Z Pinch Large Research Infrastructures”, at strategic level, this platform involves Western China Energy Research Institute, Western China Quality Science & Technology Research Institute, National Innovation Center for Addictive Manufacturing (3D printing) and so on. The Innovation Harbour will gather large numbers of outstanding talents in western China.
Xi’an Jiaotong University is one of the first universities approved to establish Post Doctoral Scientific Research Mobile Station. The 25 stations cover all disciplines of the university. In order to follow the “Belt and Road Initiatives” and the goal of developing into a global first-class university, the university plans to organize a considerable contingent of scientific researchers with outstanding innovation ability to undertake significant scientific research tasks. Therefore, the university would like to invite young elite talents in China and abroad to join in post-doctoral research teams, where you can get favorable payment and excellent platform for career development.
1. Post doctor with special subsidy: PhD graduates from world top-100 universities in foreign countries or a region outside mainland China, or exceptional outstanding PhD graduates for key research bases at national or provincial level, or teams that undertaking significant research tasks of the nation.
2. Foreign post doctor: Outstanding foreign PhD graduates for “Universities Alliance of the New Silk Road (UANSR)” initiated by our university.
3. Full-time post doctor for scientific research: PhD graduates with remarkable performance in related academic field for the scientific research platform at XJTU.
4. Post doctor with enterprise subsidy: Based on the cooperative platform co-established by the Xi’an Jiaotong University, the government and enterprises, post doctorial projects researchers for enterprises are recruited jointly with the university by setting up post doctorial funding projects.
Fields of Studies
1. Fields of Energy and environment (energetics and engineering thermophysics, nuclear science and technology, environmental science and engineering, electric engineering, chemical engineering and technology, civil engineering, architecture);
2. Fields of machinery, space-aeronautics and materials (mechanical engineering, instrument science and technology, mechanics, aeronautical and astronautical science and technology, materials science and engineering);
3. Fields of science (Mathematics, Physics, statistics, chemistry);
4. Fields of electronics and information (electronic science and technology, information and communication engineering, control science and engineering, computer science and technology, software engineering);
5. Fields of medical science and bioscience (Preclinical medicine, clinical medicine, public health and preventive medicine, pharmacy, stomatology, combination of TCM and WM, nursing, biology, biomedical engineering);
6. Fields of humanities & social sciences (philosophy, Marxist theory, law, sociology, pedagogy, science of physical culture and sports, foreign languages and literatures, journalism and communication, design science);
7. Fields of administration and economics (management science and engineering, business administration, public administration, practical economics, theoretical economics);
8. Interdiscipline of the above fields.
The income of post doctor is composed of the basic salary provided by the university, Shaanxi provincial subsistence allowance and living subsidy for research team or supervisor, among which, the income of post doctors with special subsidy is generally no less than 330,000 RMB/ year, that of foreign post doctors is no less than 210,000 RMB/ year. The income of full-time post doctors for scientific researches varies with different disciplines and is usually no less than 160,000~210,000 RMB/ year. The income standard for post doctors with enterprise subsidy will be decided by the enterprise, the team he/she joined in or his/her supervisor.
Social insurances and public housing provident fund will be managed by the university (commercial insurance is included for post doctors from foreign countries, HK, Macao and Taiwan). Other social benefits include an apartment for living, the opportunity for kids to enter to local school, etc.
Post doctors are under contract administration. A title of research assistant will be offered once joined in one of the Post Doctoral Scientific Research Mobile Stations at the XJTU. The general employment term is 2 years, but it can be lasted to 6 years according to research requirements. Candidates who have met both the conditions of withdrawing the post doctorial research mobile station and the recruiting requirements of teachers or researchers of the university can apply for either position at any time.
Contacts: Mr. He, Mr. Han
Add: Xi’an Jiaotong University Postdoctoral Office, 28 West Xianning Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi, China
Post Code: 710049